View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmea? View Post
^^^You may have a point, the CSC is made of plastic components and known to fail early. zSpeed has aluminum replacements.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the OEM and ZSpeed both have a plastic bellows that travels up and down, and don't they both have O-Ring seals that travel the length of the CSC body/sleeve? So if only the base of the OEM CSC is plastic, and that doesn't fail, but the O-Rings in the sleeve go out, maybe there is something different about the ZSpeed other than not having a plastic base?
I'm not doubting the superiority of the ZSpeed CSC but is there reasonable evidence of the OEM unit failing solely because of the plastic base? All of the failed CSC's I've read about here are due to O-Ring failure and leakage. The photos I've seen of the OEM CSC show metal components (bearing, sleeve, etc.), not plastic.

Last edited by Fountainhead; 08-30-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote