Thread: App Radio 3
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Inda370z
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nissan 370z - Blk
Inda370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zFTW! View Post
Hello Inda370z Thanks for uploading the picture! Your Head Unit looks awesome!

Can you clarify what you meant by 'while It does lack the capacitive touch screen appradio models have'? From what I've read at the main site AVH-X8500BHS - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7” WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, Bluetooth®, HD Radio™ Tuner, SiriusXM Ready, and AppRadio Mode for iPhone® and Select Android™ Devices | Pioneer Electronics USA

the unit does support Appradio and will allow compatible apps to show up on the dash screen. Maybe it's a new feature added?

Thank you
Ok, nerd talk time...

Capacitive touchscreens pin point touch by sensing the electrons in your fingertip. You can't operate this type of touchscreen wearing gloves (or using a stylus) as it can't sense the electrons in your finger. These types of touchscreens are generally more responsive compared to resistive touchscreens. Best example of this would be your modern smartphone (iphone/android). These screens tend to not do as well in sunlight due to glare.

Resistive touch screens pin point touch by sensing pressure when you press your finger on the screen. These are less responsive but can be operated when wearing gloves or by using a stylus. They often perform better in sunlight as they usually don't suffer from glare issues.

The AppRadio 1/2/3 models have a capacitive touchscreen while the X5500BHS & X8500BHS have resistive touchscreens. As far as I know, the X8500 has the same software "Appradio apps" functionality as the appradio 3... but I could be wrong there.

I posted these in the X5500BHS radio post, but here is my installed X5500 again,

Inda370z is offline   Reply With Quote