View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #116 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
You should be able to get over 20 MPG. The Focus ST gets 23/32MPG @ 252 hp/270lbft. The trade off is that to get that 32 MPG, you have to drive it like your greatgrandma stole it. Once you get your foot in it a fair amount, it's down to 25 MPG. Now, to scale that up to mid 300's, you can probably keep it in the mid 20's at worst. I say the turbo DI engine lets you have an economy car or a sports car, but not both at the same time.
And I agree we should. But there are no guarantees. Especially if nissan pulls 330 to 350hp out of a turbo 4. I would hope they can accomplish it. I think they re going directions with fuel efficiency that i never thought nissan would achieve. But they've never impressed in the sports car,efficiency arena.

I tend not to focus on what Ford and other domestc brands are doing as much as what Nissan is doing vs what other japanese brands are doing. In some cases, i will also look at porsche (like with our Z's) But what ford does is not a good indicator of what nissan will do next when i compare both autos philosophy of design and performance.

But i see where you're going and share your viws from the general information your are giving.