View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
V8Killer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: It Hard Till It Pops
V8Killer is on a distinguished road

At the moment I have F.I. LTH and CBE, stillen g3, jwt clutch and flywheel, nst pulley on the way, zex kit upgrading to 150 shot. I have 18inch rims with drag radials which I think if I get a smaller size that might help my traction. I got the whiteline diff bushings. I'm thinking of getting a rear sway bar undecided on that as well as on the 3.9 gears with quaife diff.

That's terrible on the 14 sec times but it takes practice for guys to get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
You're going to wait a long time

I've been drag racing for over 3 years in the very populated N. east. Not often, perhaps 6/7 times a year.

At the 2 top racetracks around here, Atco & Raceway park, I saw very few Z's at the drag strip. That's over 3 years of drag racing. With a some exceptions, almost all of them couldn't even break 14 seconds.

Of course those people stopped going back to the track & they end up posting that drag racing is stupid & they are not into it

Those people are the FIRST to check the H.P , 60' times & 1/4 mile times of Z's & other cars published in the auto magazines

To be fair, it's not easy to answer your post without knowing what gears/mods/H.P. you're working with & how far you want to take this (slicks)?

If it's pretty much a stock car, I would just get Nitto or M/T drag radials, something like 275/17" tire size.

Too much to list and a baby shot of nitrous....
V8Killer is offline   Reply With Quote