View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
I've screwed up painting mine twice now. I've got a set of Nismo wheels headed off to get painted soon, and I'll just throw the turn signals into the deal. Get it done right. I'm a retard with a rattlecan.

Well, I actually purchased a second set from a forum member who sold his Z. I did several coats on them, and they came out super dark. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I thought it looked fine. I even removed all the tape very cautiously, and the lines were very clean. Of course, then during the install, I dropped one of them on the concrete, scratching the hell out of it. So I pulled off my stock original ones and did the single coat, and thought it looked great. Then I got antsy and didn't take my time removing the tape and a couple of edges peeled. I've been getting a lot more practice over the past year, so I'm much better with the rattle can. I'm going to get some more KAD paint and color match a lot more of the silver trim on the interior. It's a subtle change, but I like it a lot.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote