View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 02:58 AM   #107 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z BLK 6M
1325 has a spectacular aura about1325 has a spectacular aura about1325 has a spectacular aura about

Just an update on how my aftermarket seats are set up.

Driver and passenger each have a resistor for the SRS wiring. Seatbelt sensors were also reconnected. The concern people have is the weight sensor, which definitely does involve a daunting task of tearing up the OEM seat to retrieve it. When I finally did remove it and install it underneath my Sparco seat, it did not register even with my weight (~190 lb) and the airbag remained off. When I adjusted the sensor like one poster said earlier in this thread, the sensor worked without issue. The remedy was to (at least for me) flip the sensor white side up (contrary to the factory black side up), and relocated the sensor toward the rear of the seat, so that a passenger would sit on approximately 1/3 frontal portion of the sensor, hopefully triggering it.

I braced myself up while sitting and lifted off a seat slightly, and the sensor indicated that the airbag was off, to test lighter weight function.

If you're looking into aftermarket seats, there is hope.
1325 is offline   Reply With Quote