View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I guess I was confused by thinking that your goal was to make eccentric bolts, rather then eliminate them. But it appears that you want to do full alignment adjustment using adjustable length arms without any adjustment available in the bolts.

In my experience, that is not ideal... but I am no suspension expert. From my experience, you want both arms to be exactly the same length, so that your compression alignment is symmetrical. This would mean finding an ideal control arm length that puts you within the range of adjustment for your eccentric bolts.
I guess I'm confused. Stock, the only adjustment is in the bolt, arms should be identical length. Now the only adjustment will be in the arm. I "guess" something could happen if I try to achieve say -1.5 rear camber on both sides and one arm ends up being longer than the other to achieve that camber, but I don't think ill see the inssue. I mean right now my drivers is a half a degree further in than the passenger with no issue (of course the arms are same length). For me I doubt ill experience anything if one arms maybe a few millimeters longer or shorter than the other. More importantly the settings will be identical.