Thread: Ask a cop
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #66 (permalink)
dP3NGU1N
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 PW sport 6mt
dP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud of

^that is for your arraignment, sir. You can waive the arraignment hearing - it does nothing for you. What you CAN use the arraignment hearing for, however, is to establish your right to traffic school BEFORE you plead not guilty.

Once you plead "not guilty" then you are required to pay the bail amount first, which is your traffic fine, before a judge will actually see for your trial. I suppose this could be where the break down in communication is. What zbrah and I are talking about is the actual trial hearing, not the arraignment hearing - which are two different things.

The point of the arraignment court is to quickly process everyone who wants to plead guilty so they can pay their fine and attend traffic school. They will not hear your case if you wish to plead not guilty. What they'll do in that instance is give you a separate court date to make your case - essentially wasting about 3 hours of your time.

Last edited by dP3NGU1N; 08-28-2013 at 08:00 PM.
dP3NGU1N is offline   Reply With Quote