View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #36 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Even when the valve is completely open, you will not get 100% flow through the cooler unless there is a second valve to close off the internal passage in the adapter. The resistance to flow of the cooler piping and coil will force some of the oil through the "cold passage" of the adapter unless that passage is blocked.
maybe, maybe not. depends on the internal design, and i havent looked at one in years.

it wouldnt take a second valve. its a single 1 way valve, and it will close or open as much as it was built to. I am pretty sure they will go full flow through the oil cooler, but will not bypass it 100%. But nobody can argue this without having one in their hand.

They advertise that it "regulates oil flow to the cooler until 180 degrees" which would imply that it would only allow bypass until operating temp. This sounds correct to me. The 1 way valve is closed at 180+ for full flow to the cooler, and opens to allows a pressure leak around the cooler below 180. To allow the valve to be open at all once operating temp is achieved would be a very significant engineering flaw and I cannot imagine they would either bother producing it like that... nobody wants to bypass their oil cooler once operating temp is reached.

Last edited by phunk; 08-28-2013 at 04:10 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote