View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan370z View Post
no where near 160F after 20mins ?
I guess mine get up to temps quite faster than yours then.
if i drive for 20 mins then yes it gets to temp but sitting there and idling for 20 mins will not get it up to 160F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
Part of the warm up process, for me, is to gently rev into VVEL land ~5500rpm (after it's idled a few minutes) because that's how you can put heat into the oil.

It was around 165-170 indicated when I started this video, right at tstat open ~183 when I stopped. Dropped back to ~170 immediately.

No smoke on start up, only on full vacuum. I'm thinking it's intake valve seals as well, Megan.
have someone follow you and see if you are burning oil under load on the highway or something, if you are then i would check your intake tubes for oil if you dont have oil catch cans installed, if there is oil in your intakes than you might want to check your compression and see if you lost any(that would also explain your smoke because oil is being sprayed into your intakes via PCV valve) and if there isnt, you will want to check your engine out anyways since you might be leaking oil through a seal or something
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote