View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #90 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

it's not dumb to drop money on the NA mods - we all go thru it, i'm going thru it myself and every now and then I think about wanting to go FI simply because I want the 370z to be faster. I honestly think you have more smiles w/ NA mods over the long period of time rather than boom! drop hell of $$$ on FI all at once after several of weeks in waiting for the FI install you'll be like, I still want more power.

Spoon, you seem to track your car A LOT. I hear a lot of people saying if you drive it on the street than go with NA and if you track than FI. I almost want to say the complete opposite. If you spend most of your time at the track, you should stick with NA mods rather than FI.

This could depends how long and how hard you track. I feel that the track is where you'd break more components when you push the car at its limit. Unfortunately, all OEM parts have a different safety factor margin, some can handle 50hp+, some can handle, 100hp+, or 200hp+, etc when they designed the car. While some supporting mods might be simple to get, some could be very difficult to almost impossible unless you redesign a portion of your car from a clean drawing board.

I admire a lot of aftermarket companies making a FI work given the limitations of what they have to work with. At the end of the day, I am excited to see you or another person making a track demon that's FI and track worthy.