View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Maybe we're too hung up on the time when we should be looking more at distance, because your mileage is close to mine but the time is twice as long. If you're sitting in traffic not moving with the car idling, oil temp is going to take a while to come up.
Very good point.

OP if things are working correctly, and Chuck makes a great point, the cooler is a very small investment for the day you really need it. It is 92 here today and without a cooler my oil was 240 cruising at 85 for 15 miles. Last night I was having a bit, a BIT, of fun and it was almost 250. As a result I change my oil often even for full syn...you pay one way or the other.
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote