View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
bmarcinczyk14
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6spd Sport
bmarcinczyk14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
How long did it take to warm up before you installed the cooler?

I ran an errand a few minutes ago and it took almost 5 minutes to go from 140 (had driven the car earlier today) to 180. Assuming my car is normal, I'd say you're doing well.

Yes, your engine (and rest of the drivetrain) will last longer if you wait for everything to come up to temp but don't be afraid to give it a good romp when it's at 160. You may take 10 miles off the life of a 100k+ engine every time you do it. Just don't do it all the time or for very long.
Honestly I never really payed too much attention to how long it took to warm up before the cooler, I just payed attention when it would get to the 220 temp area. I also never use to pay attention to my oil temp gauge before romping on it, only the water temp gauge. After I had my cooler installed I become much more aware that waiting for oil to reach optimum temp is important before letting her rip. It's going to really suck having to wait about 20 minutes during a hot day to get on it, I can't even imagine how long I'll have to wait during a colder day?