View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wiggins3377
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370
Wiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clutch Slave Cylinder

Alright guys I need some recomendations. I traveled apporx. 120 mile for a business trip and when I arrived my Slave Master Cylinder died on me... pedal to the floor. I had the car towed (took nearly 2 hours to get my car out of a downtown parking garage) to a local dealership and they informed my that my fluid was low and there "may" small leak in the cylinder, however they are not certain as they didnt take the transmission apart. They claim it to be a small leak as they refilled the fluids and drove the car around with no leaking and no issues. There recomendation was to replace the cylider at almost $1,300. Of course the first thing i asked was is the part under warranty... 27 days past my 3 year, 36,000 mile. He said i could all Nissan USA and there is about a 50/50 chance that they would cover based on his experience. Now I have two questions:

1) I want to bring my car back home and pursue talking to Nissan, would you advise for or against driving it back 120 miles if there is only a small leak?
2) Does anyone have experience with requesting something to cover when the warranty has experiered?