View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #94 (permalink)
EVOR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo 370Z #80
EVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond reputeEVOR has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for the great review! Remember guys if yo uhave the plastic lower lip, you must remove it to put this on. As my sample bumper fon't have it on. Also no need to put too much 3M on. It fits perfect and screw in included for the bottom part! Lets see more pics soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknakedru View Post
So today I installed this...and I'm very impressed. First, this piece is great quality and the CF weave looks more uniform around the fangs than I expected. But it is more involved to install than I thought.

First, If your car has the front aero spoiler you will need to remove it as the cf piece fits past the spoiler. Then you need to re-drill the holes through the cf piece. The stock spoiler bolts are then going to be too short when you reinstall it. I happened to have some longer ones lying around. I like that this piece is bolted in plus they give you a roll of 3m tape for the edges.

BE VERY SPARING WITH THE 3M TAPE!! When I dry fitted the peice it fits very snug. I taped all the edges and when I went to put it on the bumper, it got all bunched up and would not fit properly. After about 15min of using a heat gun it finally came off. I ended up only putting a few pieces of tape on the top. I figure with the tight fit and the bolts on the bottom, its not going anywhere.

Also I highly recommend using some electrical tape on the fangs prior to any installation. In two of the pics you can see it fits so tight it scratched them up.
I love the look. The pics don't do it justice. The sun was not at a very good angle. You have to see it in person. I'm finally fang free