View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX52Z View Post
She's so young and ther'll be plenty of time to learn manual. ...
Well said. I think everyone should be able to operate a manual and she should get some training ASAP but mastery is not needed. Defensive Driving training is, IMNSHO, a must. I took some company-sponsored classes when I was in my mid-20s and learned more about driving a car properly than I could have ever figured out on my own.

Didn't have to worry about cell phones with my daughter but my rule would have been: NO texting and only answer incoming calls long enough to say "I'm driving. Call you back when I'm parked." The more I think about it, it might be better to just ask for her phone before she left.

Edit: It's not that my parents didn't give me plenty of training (including skid recovery on ice in the HS parking lot) but they couldn't teach me everything.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 08-26-2013 at 11:04 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote