View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #39 (permalink)
XiP
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ↑ ↓
XiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond reputeXiP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I agree with DE here. No point. It's the mechanical connection to the car with a clutch that makes driving MT a more valuable experience. You have to pay attention to what your car is doing at that exact moment, and then you have to make the adjustments yourself. Also, rev matching, while not necessary in the majority of cars these days, is a valuable skill nonetheless - it demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the vehicle operation as well as driving ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
C'mon man, that was THE WEAKEST explanation as to why auto with paddles is like manual.

It's the CHANGING and the clutch that has the learning curve
well i thought it would be easier/safer for her to learn
i've never drove a manual car before but i tried learning on a bike and ended up riding myself into a wall and dropping the bike and stalling a lot because i forget the clutch