View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #259 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

So Zensation,

Your CSC failed by losing pressure to move the clutch spring in, correct? So that would mean you were losing fluid pressure right? So then you would have clutch fluid leaking from the CSC (every pedal press), otherwise the closed system would work, unless the master wasn't pressurizing the fluid to move the CSC diaphragm/bellows out right?
That's my understanding of the hydraulic clutch operation, it's a closed system and the primary failure mode is an open in the system.
If however, the clutch must be "pumped" up to work then that would suggest failure of the master cylinder.

I realize I'm beating a dead horse but I'm trying to rationalize the reported CSC failures that apparently have no fluid leaks associated with the failure (I know I'm assuming a lot here). I just don't understand how the CSC fail mode can be anything other than a leak, but guys report no fluid loss when their CSC is totally inoperative, can't put the two together.

So please let me know what the failure mode ends up being, a leak? If so did you lose fluid, etc.?
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote