View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly still a concept drawing. Real production car won't look anything like this. I do think we can gleen direction of the car.

I'd dump pig of a Z34 for a 2700 lb 300 hp turbo 4 Z any day. Better weight distribution, and perhaps that will be a real 300 hp as opposed to VQ37 that has a hard time putting much more than 270 WHP down and spins up slower than molasses. Power to weight of a 2700 lb 300 hp turbo car would be awesome. Faster than current Z and we would get decent fuel mileage too.

Last I checked 240 Z had an inline 6 and "tradition" was broken when they put v6 in the car. z really doesn't have any real power plant tradition. What I want from Nissan in a new Z is innovation not something that clings onto the past.

Name me a few turbocharged 4 cylinder rear wheel drive sports cars? They'd be breaking some ground in marketplace.

I just wish nissan would make a flex fuel version that allowed us to fill up with e85 and change tuning for track driving. Now that would be a green sports car.

Last edited by Shamu; 08-25-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote