View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #186 (permalink)
OldRice
Base Member

Drives: 06 350ZR
OldRice is on a distinguished road

Here is some more blabbery I wrote somebody before...

Technically, if you lived somewhere where it was 65-70F every day\night your bottle would naturally be in that psi range and a warmer, NANO or anything else would not be needed.

You can control psi in two ways (t-stat warmers or Nano). The benefit of NANO is that you have 3000-4500psi pushing against the N2O in a constant & regulated way to keep you in your "tuned psi". This levels & holds the bottle psi fairly constant as your nozzles draw from the bottle. Warmers in contrast bring a full bottle to tuned psi but then psi starts to reduce after every run usually leaving you with a 1/3 of N2O as unuseable waste (cuz you cant get enough pressure to run the last bit thru the lines). With NANO you get most if not all out through the lines run after run. Actually NANO can potentially get 15-20% more whp in early fresh bottle runs out of your jetting, where the OEM has a re-jetting chart to factor that out for safety.

However, NANO has its shortcomings when outside temps exceed 85F. With that the logic is reversed and actually chill your bottles to bring bottle psi down within the tune. Some folks use 10lb bags of ice, I personally use reuseable polar packs which I velcro strap on the bottles.

In either case N2O pressure gauges are a MUST imho to manage to your tune, whether it be by NANO, warmer or natural temp getting you there.