Thread: 370Z dyno
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Skaterbasist
Base Member

Drives: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
Skaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE-R_Tech View Post
I would think a dynojet would be closer to 300whp for a VQ37. Mustang hasnt done anything to "simulate" a dynojet. Mustang wants real numbers not inflated bragging rights.
And how exactly do you know that? Every dyno is different and tuners change calibration to match their desired goal (whether its for simulation or not).

I have been to countless dynos and I will tell you many tuners usually set their own unique calibration.

And most dynojets yield anywhere from 275-290 for the VQ37VHR, depending on their calibration and other variables.

Most Mustang dyno's usually read really low. Meaning, most would yield ~240-255 for a VQ37VHR.

This doesn't mean there's anything wrong with this dyno. I'm just saying its not the norm for a mustang dyno. Like I have always said, numbers are just numbers. It's the difference in the powerband from a car's modification within the same dyno that matters.
Skaterbasist is offline   Reply With Quote