View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Do you think more advanced drivers would get anything out of it other than getting an opportunity to drive a GT-R? It seems like it is more focused on beginners.
yeah you will atleast get a free GoPro

was it and all out track day like im used to...no so dont expect that

but it is divided up into different groups and they ask you your skill level. they had the instructors run at an ok clip in Austin. I could go maybe 7/10ths in the corners it was just they had the instructors in Zs for the GTRs and vice versa and we would come up on them in the straights fast and were really limited. I never saw over 120 there.. I heard the 2nd day was more relaxed though.

but thats not what its about. the presentation of the event is awesome and forget speed the most fun part of the event was the autocross competition in the juke nismo! anyone who gets in should jump at the chance to go. It is very structured but they make and effort to accommodate every level and im sure have learned things since the first event

here is my first session from the event.. its probably fairly representative of what to expect. the second session i did in the 2014 GTRs went a bit faster but i didnt have time to grab my camera. and finally the last session I did was the least structured and I was in the Z not the GTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T4XeSmyfm8
MC is offline   Reply With Quote