View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
alan93rsa
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 16 Cayman GT4 Red
alan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond repute

Managing your brakes and managing your tires is an ongoing lesson.

- If you boil the brake fluid your brake pedal will most likely go to floor. Not a good thing.

- Using fluid for more than one event or in some cases for only 1 out of 2 days depends on the fluid you are using, condition of your pads, type of pads, track configuration and how hard you are on the brakes.

If you are just starting and are on street tires you could probably go a couple of events. But why not get familiar with the things that are going to make it possible to go home with your car in the same shape as when you started.

- I use Motul RBF600 and have had very good luck with it as have most of my track friends. I'm sure I could use the fluid for 2 events but the price of the fluid just isn't worth it to me. Others with lighter cars in the 2400 lb. range can run multiple events on one flush/bleed.