View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:07 AM   #43 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvitdk View Post
c'mon guys, really? Sounds a bit immature, no? I have to fight in order to be a man? What century are we in right now? I did have some smaller fights back in HS and college, but please, it takes a bigger man to just walk away rather than get into a fist fight and pissing mach, at least I am confident enough about myself to see it's not worth feeling unnecessary pain. Anyway...just my humble opinion, maybe I'm too old for that teeny crap!
No one is saying don't walk away.... That is the best thing to do. Fighting can be immature but.... There are situations where someone won't let you walk away. Bully types. And sometimes the best medicine is to kick his fvckin azz... Bullying doesn't happen to kids only. But things like pulling out a gun to a fistfight and verbally arousing a situation to escalate then running away is about the most immature thing you can do and it's unreasonable. Keep ya trap shut and walk away or step into the arena with reasonable force.

I think people who play your card are just deathly afraid to fight and the walk away/mature speech quells your fear by stressing the mature factor of avoiding confrontation. And I don't think it's cowardly to be afraid to fight either... That's not you. That's respectable.... But it's not immature to teach an adult bully a lesson via the fists either. That's the only way bullies learn sometimes. While I agree your method is the best possible solution. I think I'd still rather pop a loudmouth in the mouth and teach him a lesson than shoot him in the face and end his life.

But again. At my age most don't try anymore anyway. I just see a cowardly and casual pattern of conversation on here when it comes to firearms use. Which is way more immature than just duking it out.

The best thing to do is just be respectful and avoid confrontation. With respect as a first rule. You almost never have to worry about raising your fists or shooting people for minor arguments getting outta control.