View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Elan
Track Member

Drives: Airplanes
Elan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilverbullet View Post
Did you replace your aftermarket HU? I did not follow the instructions to disconnect a wire right under the shiftboot and it tampers with your airbags. I noticed that my airbag light is doing the same thing as OPs and have tried doing the reset trick which hasnt worked for me.

Basically what happens is like what everyone is detailing:

-Light on for about 10 seconds then goes away (unless someone is sitting/put weighted object on seat in which it says the airbag is off)

I took the car to the dealership to get it checked and they "ran codes and checked but coudln't find anything wrong".
Yeah mine started acting a little weird after installing my HU but I had the battery disconnected AND airbag light unplugged as well. Plugged it back in when I was done before reconnecting the battery. No flashing light or SES light. The light seems accurate though. I mean when someone sits in the seat, the light is off so I assume it's safe.
2009 370Z NISMO #477 | AAM Competition Short Tails | AAM Competition HFCs | K&N Typhoon CAI | Kenwood DPX300U | Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 | Polk Audio db1001 | 15% Tints | GTR Start Button |
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote