View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

One month 4 days and I have loved every moment of the car and the community.

I started out by trying to decide whether to start modding the visuals or performance. In the end I decided to start with the performance. Might sound silly but working the exterior felt wrong. The idea made me think of all the crappy Hondas I see kids drive around. My Z deserves better.

So I decided to add K&N Typhoons (which to my surprise I discovered the car had-wahoo!). I justified lowering her with Swift springs because with the visual appeal also came, what I am told, better handling. Decided to at the same time add spacers since lowering without them didn't seem to look right. Oh, and a camber kit for the rear. Finally, I ordered FI cat backs which also combined performance improvements with visual and audio appeal improvements. The springs and spacers go on this weekend and the exhaust this fall.

I'm probably going to drive to Z Days and when I am there pick up a Z1 oil cooler which I want in before spring so that I can run my first track.

So with all that decided my thoughts have been tending towards the exterior. Early on I was drawn towards the more showy. But as I spent more time looking at my 40th I started to let her tell me who she was instead of telling her who I thought she should be.

The 40th exterior color is gorgeous and doesn't distract from the car's own physical beauty. The interior is also the same way. Yes, it is red but it is not Nismo red. There is an elegance living in the car's sports car lines.

I think that is why as time has gone on I am being more and more drawn away from kits like the Amuse and more towards the Nismo. I know a lot of people don't like the Nismo but I think a lot of that dislike comes from the lips and skirt add-ons that people get. Personally, the stock Nismo body feels right to me. Some say the Nismo is too clunky. Well, the Z does not have Italian styling. Nor is it a true clunk like an American muscle car. The Z is somewhere in between and I think that is reflected in the Nismo design.

But boy do I like the Fujimura front. Wow. However, the Nismo front with brake ducts might be the answer.

Regardless of body, I've had the paint scheme firmly fixed in my mind for some time. No...I am not changing the 40th color (that's just...wrong) and I am not changing the rims. But I have an idea to subtly add color that I am really excited about.

Oh, and I've also decided that 2014 will be the year of the FI twin turbo! Haha.

I took the first image from Glokwork's album so I could show the two front end options I am thinking of side-by-side.

2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane

Last edited by Arrvaxx; 08-21-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote