View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
roy'sz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 nissan 370z
roy'sz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
Yep the 1st to 2nd grind when shifting fast happens from time to time so don't worry about it. I've owned a 350 previously and have been driving manuals for years but did the most embarrassing thing of manual history the other day. I was day dreaming and coasting to up to a light in 6th. Usually putting it in neutral is a habit if the light changes suddenly and I don't have time to downshift...well I forgot to take it out of gear and stalled in 6th. Now THAT was embarrassing but small, stupid things like that happen to all of us.

If you leave your car in gear in the garage, make sure it is neutral and give it a safety wiggle. I know a guy who forgot and lurched his car into a wall. Don't be that guy.
I got one you can appreciate. My dad is a professional truck driver, he has been doing it for over 30yrs. He and I were talking the other day and he told me he was down in vista, ca going to a stop of his. When he went to get off the freeway he was kinda daydreaming himself and dropped from 10th to 8th. When he popped the cluch out the rear axles were barking like a alley full of hound dogs. It scared the $h!t out of him lol. Our Z's definitely are unique manual transmission cars.