View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Elan
Track Member

Drives: Airplanes
Elan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep the 1st to 2nd grind when shifting fast happens from time to time so don't worry about it. I've owned a 350 previously and have been driving manuals for years but did the most embarrassing thing of manual history the other day. I was day dreaming and coasting to up to a light in 6th. Usually putting it in neutral is a habit if the light changes suddenly and I don't have time to downshift...well I forgot to take it out of gear and stalled in 6th. Now THAT was embarrassing but small, stupid things like that happen to all of us.

If you leave your car in gear in the garage, make sure it is neutral and give it a safety wiggle. I know a guy who forgot and lurched his car into a wall. Don't be that guy.
2009 370Z NISMO #477 | AAM Competition Short Tails | AAM Competition HFCs | K&N Typhoon CAI | Kenwood DPX300U | Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 | Polk Audio db1001 | 15% Tints | GTR Start Button |