Thread: 370Z's and E85?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #67 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
I am bumping this thread as I never received a response to my last post in this a few months ago and hoping to get some feedback.

I am the new #006 on the list for the fast intentions twins and am looking at swapping my ID1000's and 340lph pump from my 350 to the 370. However, I am in Denver and we have a 17% loss of power here due to altitude.

I am looking to put down 525ish whp with E85 on the F.I. kit. Is this capable with what im throwing at it? I was hoping to avoid the frs since ive read threads where the 370 isnt so keen on that.
Your setup will have no problem making 525rwhp with ID1000 and Aeromotive 340 and E85. I have done this, and more.

At altitude it is more work for your turbo system to provide the airflow to make the same HP as down here, but the fuel requirement for that HP does not change.

Turbocharged vehicles do not experience anywhere near a 17% loss at altitude. Even the SAE correction rules state that no barometric pressure correction should be applied to boosted engines using absolute pressure controls. The difference up there, for turbo cars, is very minimal once the turbos have spooled. This has been proven 100 times over but none of the shops in Colorado want to believe that they arent actually breaking every record ever set if only they had run at sea level