View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #254 (permalink)
Shutterjock
Base Member

Drives: 370z NISMO (2010)
Shutterjock is on a distinguished road
Default Sure enough

This happened to me (2010 370z NISMO) spring of 2012 in New Orleans. Clutch gave out and dropped to the floor. I was going from 1st into 2nd, as I recall.

I tried pumping the pedal hoping to improve pressure, but no go.

Long story short: A day or two later I had it towed to a dealership who, oddly enough, hadn't heard of such issues. I had done my homework however via this and other forums online, so I knew of it happening. Anyway, I suggested to the maintenance folk that it has been noted previously by others and that they may want to contact the regional office for some feedback.

They did, in fact, reach out for input and found that while the regional office didn't have a specific "fault" to suggest, their fix was to swap out the master cylinder slave and one other part. I can't recall now exactly what the second part was and I'm in the middle of a move, so I would have to dig through some paperwork, but it wasn't a very difficult fix. If there's a Master Cylinder AND Slave Cylinder, it may be that combo they swapped out. And it was covered by the warranty.

The good news is I haven't had an issue with it since the swap out.

Not sure if that helps, but if the local dealers/garages aren't familiar with the issue they need to call the regional NISSAN office.
"No Matter Where I Go, There I Am"

Last edited by Shutterjock; 08-20-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Shutterjock is offline   Reply With Quote