Thread: Door ding
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

i PDR my cars when they get dinged...(im a trained tech but dont do this for business). i can tell you that if you are even thinking about taking it in for a PDR tech to fix, dont touch the ding.

the reason is dings are usually a single impact dent. if you mess with the ding it becomes a multi-impact dent + high potential for convex high spot mess. makes it that much harder to fix afterwards when you find out your limitation.

drilling the door to get a ding is normal practice for PDR if it is in a spot hard to reach. i also use glue pullers on factory painted doors when appropriate. they are time consuming but can have great results. but again, you need an experienced eye to know where to pull, how much and where to knock down after the pull.

just let the pro's do it.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote