View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #84 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Good thing I like talking to myself

Ran some more calculations using this nifty link Relative Horsepower Calculator

Based on that, it appears we would expect uncorrected values to be only about 1.3% lower for the higher humidity run -- but they are much lower than that (around 3.5% lower).

Assuming my rationale and subsequent maths are right, this further supports my tentative conclusion that the untuned catted Z simply makes more power with the Nismo take off than a tuned catless Z with the S-tune exhaust when conditions are equal (meaning, the difference between them cannot be accounted for based on ambient conditions alone).

Moral of the story and recommendation when searching for a bang-for-the-buck exhaust: Pass on the Nismo S-tune, buy the Nismo take-off.

Additional implication of these data: H-pipes > Y-pipes.

Last edited by Jordo!; 08-19-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote