Thread: Door ding
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
polarity
Base Member

Drives: [2009 370Z]
polarity is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbelt View Post
I somehow managed to get a door ding low on the driver's side. I can't imagine how as I never park it next to anyone. A dent repair guy said he could fix it but would have to drill into the door from the inside & then massage it out. I researched door dents & dings online and found some interesting remedies. Has anyone tried heating the area with a hair dryer and then immediately dousing it with liquid CO2 from a compressed air can or holding a piece of dry ice in the center of the ding until it pops out? Has anyone had success with the dent repair kits sold at auto parts stores where you glue a plug to the center of the dent and use suction cups to slowly pull out the ding. It's about the size of a nickel and not very deep. Thanks in advance.
Actually I've tried both of these methods on one of my old 280ZXs. It had hail damage and I was trying to get it out. The heat/cooling method works pretty well you just have to be careful about the heat on new paint. I also got "The Ding King" I think is what it was called. It was recommended on another size I visit. It did remove the dents aswell, but the glue stuff didn't come off as well as I would have liked. They send you a solution to remove the glue when you're done, but there was always a little residue left behind. For both methods there was something I didn't like but it depends on the dent. If there is a crease you can pretty much count out both of these methods for making it perfect.

I've heard alot of really good things about paintless dent repair although I've never used it.

-William
polarity is offline   Reply With Quote