View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
BeemaaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40thAE#472
BeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond reputeBeemaaZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying (Extended Warranty) Experience from Nissan of Santa Rosa

Long story short, my warranty expired last May and one day before it expired, I decided to buy an extended warranty from Nissan of Santa Rosa.

I tried calling Nissan of Santa Rosa to discuss the quote options that I received by email. I left a voicemail to the warranty division regarding my interest to proceed with the extended warranty purchase. I never received a call back and I thought that was weird.

I went online to submit the application and a few days later, the paperwork came via UPS. I received the Warranty Contract Application, a Vehicle Inspection Form and a recurring payment authorization agreement that need to be signed and returned to the dealer.

Before signing anything, I read the contract and found two critical errors:

1. They typed my car as a 350Z (which could have been a typo)

2. Vehicle Purchase Date was May 2013 (I bought my car used in Sept 2011).

I called Nissan of Santa Rosa to see if they could send me a revised contract. The front desk transferred me to a designated person who handles extended warranty and I left her a SECOND voicemail. A few days passed by, the call was never returned. I called her again and left several messages with my name, phone number and the contract number and still they NEVER called me back!

I tried the formal way by typing a letter explaining the error on the contract from their end and I returned the unsigned documents with my letter using the UPS returned envelope. I also called a different person who prepared the paperwork and had to leave a voicemail to him too. Guess what, I NEVER received a call back nor any revised paperwork.

A month went by and I noticed in my bank that Nissan of Santa Rosa has charged me $206.40. After no single response by phone or letter, they decided to charge me for the warranty anyway.

Now, I live in SoCal 7 hours away from them. The last thing I want to do is to drive all the way to Santa Rosa and ask for a refund

I will call Citibank to file a dispute probably get my money back. No biggie. But I just want to share my "Unpleasant experience" with Nissan of Santa Rosa to those who are thinking of buying Extended Warranty from them. I love this forum and I want to give something back

I strongly suggest that you call Nissan of Santa Rosa and at least talk to them first before start filling out their Extended Warranty online application with your credit or debit card information or leave a voicemail see if they would ever return you call.

Some of us believe in Extended Warranty and some of you may not. I hope this experience does not affect the buying decision in general as it was only intended for a review.
BeemaaZ is offline   Reply With Quote