View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #2050 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1080 View Post
That's actually not bad, we can't see Scorpius very well up here since it sits so low to the horizon and you've managed to catch a decent amount of the galaxy's core. What I think when I see your picture is that you're still fairly close to a big metropolitan area and that there was some stagnant atmospheric conditions at the time. Pollution in the air builds up in stagnant air and light from big towns and cities actually reflects off of it, even if you're miles and miles away from the light source. In my experience, put at least 10-20 miles between you and any nearby towns and cities depending on how big they are, particularly when the air is stagnant. The best times are the first clear evening after a weather system passes by, especially one with rain since that will typically clear up the air and make for a darker sky. The easiest way (the only way really) to clear it all up is to get way out in the country, 50 miles or more away from the nearest big city.

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. Tapatalk compresses the pics, so you don't get to see the full detail of the pic. It actually looks slightly better here.

You're completely right though, I live in the city and this was an unusually clear night for where I live. One of these nights I'm going to go out on old 46, it's a highway between my city and Orlando that takes you out in the middle of nowhere. There's a couple spots where people go airboating and stuff, I wanna stop out there and take some pictures and try to not get eaten by a gator lol.

I just have to figure out why my damned camera doesn't want to focus or take the picture. If it's in auto focus then it won't take the pic. If it's in manual it's fine. Don't know what the problem is...
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote