View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
netmindaZ
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z sport pkg
netmindaZ is on a distinguished road
Default 370z Base Coupe radar detector wiring

Hello-

I just picked up a Passport 9500ix and I am going to go with one of the rearview mirror mounts that are available. The question I have is with the wiring. Since I don't have a power mirror, I cannot tap into it for the radar power. I am going to have to tuck the wire into the headliner and run the wire down the pillar to the fuse box, but I need to hide the wire going from the detector up to the headliner behind the mirror where I will start tucking it.

My wife has a 2013 Maxima with the power mirror and it has a little black channel that runs up along the windshield behind the mirror up to the headliner to hide the wiring. I would assume the 370s with the power mirror have these too. Where can I get one of these channels or something similar to hide my radar detector power wire? I want a clean install and do not want to see a wire behind my mirror going to the headliner.

Also...there are a few different mirror mounts out there with prices ranging from $30-$90. Any major advantages to the more expensive mounts over the cheaper options?

Thanks, Rob
netmindaZ is offline   Reply With Quote