View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunsoo1803 View Post
Looking for advises for improvement in composition and light rather than photoshop

Any comments would be much appreciated

I took some of my friends' car and my car.

Any artificial lights involved were cellphone lights
Here is what I think..of the first three..

the very first pic is the best because of the lighting on the car...It's varied and interesting and that is good..I think however, the background competes for attention and distracts from the car.. . ...i think if you use a slight blur and a bit of dimming you will make the car stand out more...

In the second picture the car is dimmer than the background..especially the door on the right,,.,that means the eye is distracted from the central object,. I think you should dim the background especially the garage door..and over on the right you have distracting lights..
Try experimenting with selective darkening to create more of a atmosphere of mystery and adventure

Third shot..sorry but the lighting in the back is ugly ..really ugly...harsh and bluish and looking like floodlights at a prison...and very distracting.,..The building also looks like a prison,,,.the post and the dirty ceiling...very distracting and not at all inviting,...Light on the car is also harsh...

I like night shots but in general IMO you should avoid distractions and use your light to create less of a spot light effect and more feeling.. which is the special charm of night photos..

Last edited by RiCharlie; 08-15-2013 at 10:49 PM.
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote