View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #2738 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peleincubus View Post
So the 12" is muffled more then non-res and 18" is even more?

So would it be wrong to say that at idle the 12" and 18" block most noise and when you step on the gas harder you can hear both but the 12" would be louder? Or am I completely off?
I got the cf non res'd CBE and it had very very little to no drone, depending on how sensitive you are to it. I like loud exhausts and this thing sounded great hitting the gas, but cruising at 60 I literally couldn't tell a difference from stock.

Once I put the long tube headers on however... Now it's borderline racecar sounding, with some drone between 2250-2500rpm. Still no rasp though. To be clear, I think of rasp as that high pitched sound when a civic hatchback with a giant fartcan revs their motor at you trying to get you to race lol.

I can't remember if I've posted this video in here, but this was taken with my camera at Zdayz in may. You can see all my mods in my sig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tvxgaEnw2o

I survived Zdayz 2013... (barely)
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R

Last edited by Huck; 08-15-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote