View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
fonzo179
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Audi Q5 3.0T
fonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Smugly throwing your car out to block someone is aggressive behavior, as is slowing down just to screw with the guy behind you. The defensive driver is not a road combatant. He or she just goes about their business without emotion.

And I have news for the OP, it's not just a Z that people don't want to hit. It's any car.
I wasn't trying to make it sound as though I target drivers just to be a jerk. My wording will be my undoing on this. I was referring to myself being a patient, considerate driver in response to seeing other individuals in the area. I have ZERO motivation to help drivers whom tailgate and aggressively/impatiently try to bogard their way around the road without consideration of others.

It gives me a feeling of accomplishment when I can let someone into the lane of traffic, or let bicycles cross the street, or allow someone time/space to enter/exit the parking lot. My "crusade" is not one out of hatred or anger. But one out of kindness. I guess having to walk around on foot during undergrad, and driving that Galant during grad school made me think, "why cant drivers be more caring?" So now I practice what I preach.

But hey, to each their own, man.