View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mercennarius
Base Member

Drives: Nissan
Mercennarius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
Just thought I'd share my weekend. Friday after work the girlfriend and I get in our cars (370z and her C6 Vette) and met our friend with his M3 at the drag strip. None of us could hook up for crap. My girlfiend managed to do the best with traction control on but still only pulled a 13.9 at 103mph. My friend and I were pretty even most of the night but he finally started getting his launch down at the end and managed a best of 14.3 @ 98mph with a 2.16 60ft. My best of the night was only 14.8 @ 95mph and 2.5 60ft. For those that don't know our track out here in Vegas is very well knowns for having bad track conditions and giving crappy times. My first run was such crap I ran a 22.2. I guess I was a little too liberal with the gas as I litterally bounced off the rev limiter from 1-4 while barely moving. I finally just had to put it in neutral, let of the gas and have the car almost come to a stop, then just put it back in 3rd and putted to the finish line. Needless to say I still need to get used to my car and how to race it. Took me about a year to dial in my 280z to where I was getting perfect launches. Guess I have my work cut out for me.

Then sunday all three of us went to our local SCCA auto-x event. That was a blast in this car. I was worried about traction issues but the car never really left me hanging. There were a few times I got a little crazy with the gas and the back end would start to come out but it was very easy to get it back in line. Ended up pulling a best of 47.1 sec which to compare, a guy that has done a lot more auto-x before with his GTR pulled a 46.4. Beat my friends M3 (coil overs and other suspension mods, intake, exhuast) as he ran a best of 48.3. My girlfriend could only muster a 56.1 in her Vette but she is still very new to all of this so I cut her some slack.

Needless to say a fun weekend and some sunburn. It was fun testing my abilities as well as my new Z's. Plus I feel very lucky to have such a kick *** girlfriend who enjoys doing these same kinds of things. Unfortunately no pics as we were all driving but I will try to see if anyone from the auto-x got pics of us. Good times to say the least.
Those trap speeds are terribly slow for all of those cars....
Mercennarius is offline   Reply With Quote