View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedy699 View Post
Exactly my point. While it may not be a harman kardon system, that has a cross over for each speaker and a unique channel per speaker, it is a good setup with quality until a point. Besides, if you wanted something ultra why would you expect a Bose system to be top notch? Spend the 4k it would cost to buy each component, and then spend another 1k getting it installed (assuming you cannot do it based on the description of your issues).

Polk? That is a mass produced/oriented brand. Sure, it sounds decent, but you are buying cheap.

+1.

Same here. I went the Kicker route myself, but after the 2000W system derailed my sunroof, and I got married, I got rid of it.
Yes polk, bose is also a massive production company, over 80% of their speakers are just paper nothing better than a base non bose system. A set of polks actually has a silk tweeter rather than paper and a reinforced surround for the woofer for better reproduction of sound. I'd take polk over bose any day, now if you invest in some even better speakers (more than 100 bucks) than you will really blow the bose system away. 2 4 inch (speakers) in a trunk with a tuned port isn't a sub to me.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote