View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
exedy699
Base Member

Drives: you crazy
exedy699 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
While I expect few to rate the Bose system as excellent it is a pretty good car stereo. Most (if not all) Bose systems are designed not for true fidelity (impossible in a car anyway) but for a sound that most ppl find pleasant (psychoacoustics). Apparently, you are not one of the most.

The Bose system in the 370Z was not designed for high volume (above 20 or so on the volume indicator). If you want to thump, you'll need a new system.
Exactly my point. While it may not be a harman kardon system, that has a cross over for each speaker and a unique channel per speaker, it is a good setup with quality until a point. Besides, if you wanted something ultra why would you expect a Bose system to be top notch? Spend the 4k it would cost to buy each component, and then spend another 1k getting it installed (assuming you cannot do it based on the description of your issues).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Actually not true. The Bose system doesn't even come close to audio quality whether it being a car or at home. A simple set of Polk speakers can blow the quality of the Bose paper speakers away. Read over my write up on them and it may explain why they are in more ways than one utter junk.
Polk? That is a mass produced/oriented brand. Sure, it sounds decent, but you are buying cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Depends on what one wants from a car stereo and what one's definition of "audio quality" is.

I have read many of your postings and agree with most of your criticisms of the Bose system. I just disagree about how important those "deficiencies" are in a sports car cabin. For the casual listening I do in the car, the Bose works great for me. I would certainly be less forgiving if it were in a larger, quieter vehicle or I wanted to blast my music at very high levels (anything above about 20 for my ears). YMMV
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfixer View Post
I guess I'm one of the minorities that appreciate the Bose system. At one point I "needed" 1000 watts of power pushing 2 12"Alpine subs with blah blah blah...and then I got laid and grew up.

Oh and I can speak for Polks; in 2 years time I sent 3 speakers back under warranty from a simple 5.1 surround in the house. Good thing they come with a 5 year warranty. So far one year with the Bose in the house and 2 in the car and no issues.
Same here. I went the Kicker route myself, but after the 2000W system derailed my sunroof, and I got married, I got rid of it.
exedy699 is offline   Reply With Quote