View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #57 (permalink)
Fishey
Base Member

Drives: Volvo T5-R
Fishey is a jewel in the roughFishey is a jewel in the roughFishey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwnshift View Post
4.5 miles short today...but hopefully the monkey has found a new home.
With the highest rpms..and the smallest fuel capacity..its a crazy game out there and Fr once it stayed green.
Yea, I don't know what Rum Bum is running but I think its the DI engine and Bosch ECU so 19gallons vs your 17gallons. I think they still got some pretty amazing gas mileage to get 82min of fuel. The same goes to Aston who has 20 gallon capacity. Not sure when the multi-matic car got fuel last but it seemed to be similar in timing to Rum-Bum.

One thing is for sure when other teams can go 20-30min longer on fuel then you can your at a significant disadvantage. They have 1 stop races and while tires do become an issue at the end you simply cannot make up for track position not to mention taking tires on your 2nd stop (all 4 anyways) would be disastrous for track position.

Regardless good work B.J. Its tough to try to push to catch up the entire time on old tires! 3rd is something to be proud of given the disadvantage on fuel you guys faced!

P.S. Do you think if you would have taken just left side tires when you did your 2nd fuel stop it would have made any difference on the day?

Last edited by Fishey; 08-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Fishey is offline   Reply With Quote