View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iissmart View Post
... I'm listening to the stereo now, and I have to say...it doesn't sound great. I know it's a sports car so the stereo quality is likely an afterthought, but even with the upgraded Bose speakers I expected it to sound decent. Right now I think my 2004 Sebring sedan with stock speakers sounds better, honestly! There is more bass and fuller highs, while the Nismo sounds tinny with no bass at all. Even cranked the bass to +5 and treble to +2. Is something wrong with my system, or with my brain for expecting it to sound better than it does?
While I expect few to rate the Bose system as excellent it is a pretty good car stereo. Most (if not all) Bose systems are designed not for true fidelity (impossible in a car anyway) but for a sound that most ppl find pleasant (psychoacoustics). Apparently, you are not one of the most.

The Bose system in the 370Z was not designed for high volume (above 20 or so on the volume indicator). If you want to thump, you'll need a new system.