View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #67 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAurora View Post
Hopefully this will be the last you hear from me on this topic.

I picked the car up on saturday and she's a fixed ! The mechanic said he noticed the clutch issue as soon as he test drove it before doing the work which is contrary to the guy who drove it the first time for 45 minutes and felt nothing. I asked to speak with him because i wanted to find out how it went and what he found inside the bell. Oddly, he said there was no fluid inthe bell whatsoever. Good news but kind of shocking. I was expecting everything, including my clutch plates, to be soaked. He said the only signs of an issue were there was signs of wetness where the hydraulic line clipped into the slave. An when i day clipped, i mean CLIPPED. No bolts, no clamps, notta. Its a freaking press fitting. You literally press the hydraulic lines into the PLASTIC slave. And after holding that thing in my hand, we all better pray not to have this issue ALOT. I swear to go that the plastic containers that everything comes in now is better quality plastic than the slave in the 370z. Even the throwout bearing looks like its pressed by hand onto this plastic POS. its a total joke. I cannot believe someone designed this in CAD and had the sack to go into a room full of big shots and say "hi guys, i have the new design for the slave cylinder on or (almost) flagship vehicle. It's this 2 ounce piece of plastic i just printed on the 3d printer" - and then they approved the damn thing ! I really am expecting to have this issue again in another 40k miles. Not good...

To wrap up my story, someone thought it should have an exciting ending apparently because this morning was really this first chance i got to really test it. Saturday, when i picked it up it was like rush hour traffic and i never broke 40mph. This morning at 4:30 on the way to work i decided to put it thru its paces. I stopped for coffee, pulled out of D&D and up to the light. When it turned green i starte ripping thru gears to see how the clutch felt. Somewhere between 70 an 75 is when the police lights lit me up like a christmas tree ! Joy ! 70+ in a 30mph zone. I told him he i wouldnt believe what i was about to tell him either but that i just got the car back and was tearing thru gears to see if it was fixed. To make a long story short he said "well, i really like the car so i am cutting you some slack and giving you a warning". He is my new hero. I had visions of prison sex going thru my head after the lights came on. Thank god my preminition didnt hold true....
Man, you tell a great story.

I am happy you rae all fixed and good to go. Make a donation to a police charity to keep the Karma flowing.

Have a great day.