View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryzia23 View Post
I don't have cooling seats on my nismo but I'm pretty sure the seats are only vented by fans to dissipate the heat and don't have actual cooling system. In that case the seats won't feel cool to the touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimc View Post
On my 2012 Roadster the seat will cool, but it seems that when the top is down they are not as efficient as when the top is up. This leads me to assume that they are circulating the AC within the cabin of the vehicle.

From what I hear the filters are expensive and a PIA to change.

Hope this helps....
I also thought that it was just circulating the ambient air. Not so. Another forum member said there was a high tech 'device' in the seat that actually cools the warm air. The 370Z service manual was his reference and he was correct.

Above 80*F with the top down I don't find it to be very effective.
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote