View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
exedy699
Base Member

Drives: you crazy
exedy699 is on a distinguished road

The Bose system is, by specification, a simple upgrade over normal. From experience however I can tell you, the Bose system is 10x better than most stock systems. I happen to be a bit of an audiophile and can honestly say that it is amongst the top stock systems I have heard.

It does sound like you may have some alternator interference. I suggest you comment that to your dealership, since it could be as simple as a bad ground. In general however, the system is designed to not sacrifice quality, for volume. I suggest you also check the EQ before you decide to entirely replace it. IMHO an additional 10" sub and replacing speakers with higher end and less distortion, and upgrading the amp is all you need to have a high end system. As a comparison: close friend of mine owns a 2013 STI, and his sound system sounds like s**t. Compared to the Bose system is like comparing in ear headphones to noise canceling headsets.

At the end of the day however, it's your car. So if you don't like it, change it.
2013 Pearl White Nismo #139
exedy699 is offline   Reply With Quote