View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
blueranger
Track Member

Drives: 2010 Roadster 7AT
blueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond reputeblueranger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oil level-cooler question...Please

I searched several post and read some not so clear feedback on the proper oil levels after the install.

Here are the specifics if you can provide any advice

Cooler: 25row with lines on top.

After install we filled the cooler first and added 5qts.

Warmed the car to operating temp (idle only) shut down and checked 10 minutes later and found it an 1/8" below the fill dot.

Added a small amount of oil (1/4 qt at most) and got it to the fill dot.

Oil level after overnight cooling is over the full dot "hump" which is at least a 1/4" above the full dot!

Is this normal after install since extra oil could of found its way back to the oil pan hence levels will read elevated?

Should I drain while cold back to the fill dot or should I warm-up again and check the level after a couple of minutes?

I appreciate any feedback
blueranger is offline   Reply With Quote