Thread: Ebay SRI Review
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about
Default Ebay SRI Review(Fujita knock offs)

UPDATE
after accidentally running into Fujita intakes on youtube for the G37, I have realised these are Fujita knock offs and ironically enough, they have the same problems as Fujita intakes(heat soak XD)

I know what people are going to say, "ricer", "why would you buy an ebay intake", "you're gonna blow your motor", ect. ect.

I dont care, got nothing nice to say, dont say it, the intakes were a gift from my mother, i spent NOTHING on this mod and i made sure to be careful about using these intakes because ID is not the same as stock so i have been using an app called TORQUE pro for android to monitor AFRs and IATs and so far from what i have seen, i am safe, my AFRs are 12.5-12.7 and IATs are 10-20 above ambient temps when moving(sitting will cause heat soak)

Shipping & packaging:
everything was packaged very nicely, clean, well packed and very easy to identify what is what
I received these intakes literally 1 day after my mother placed the order since they were a local socal company(same day my CSC went out)
although it did not come with heat shields, i feel they are not too necessary since IATs go down when moving
photos of packaging

Quality:
Honestly this is where I was really impressed, all the welds were tig welded(very clean looked nothing like mig welds), pipes were made of aluminium but it was not flimsy at all, really nicely made, thick but not too thick
Filters felt like some of the other dry filters I have seen before at autoparts stores, I am not sure about how well it filters but it didnt really show any light when i held it up to a light, I will check how well these filter out dust and dirt after 200miles or so and if it is letting dirt in, I'll swap for K&N filters
The silicone couplers felt like they were alright quality wise, nothing special, about the same as some of the intercooler couplers I have on my turbo eclipse

I mocked the intakes up when I got them since my car was at the dealer getting the CSC repaired

Fitment:
This is where Ebay stuff is hit or miss, but from what I have read about name brand short ram intakes people had problems installing as well
I would give this a 7/10 for fitment since everything did fit, but it took a bit of effort to get it in right
The vacuum lines they gave me were a bit too long for the install and were very thick(thicker than any vacuum lines I have ever seen before) so i ended up using the stock line for the passenger side intake and i rigged up their vacuum line combined with the stock line since their line was too hard to bend and the stock line was way too short, I might get longer lines at autozone and replace my jerry rigged setup but right now it works and I have no vacuum leaks

Install took about 2 hours, 1 hour to get the stock stuff out, and another hour to get the intakes in, I did not remove the strut tower bar over the engine, I felt it wasnt necessary, the intakes also came with some anti vibration holders but I was missing a bolt so all i really did was tighten down the silicone couplers really tight and the intakes didnt move around so I didn't even bother with those.

How it feels:

These intakes FEEL AMAZING, the car gets up and goes, I no longer have to downshift to pass people up on the highway(it will shoot from 65-100 in no time XD) and throttle response is even better then stock intakes with drop-ins(I think half is the intake, the other half is the lightweight flywheel)
There is definitely some power pick up from what I can feel, but I wouldn't know for sure unless I dyno

Over all though for something that cost me nothing(the intakes cost 129.99 though from ebay), I couldn't be happier with the intake and even if I paid for it, replaced the filters with name brand ones, and bought new vacuum lines, it would cost me much less than buying name brand ones

Last edited by luigi90210; 08-14-2013 at 01:54 PM.
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote