View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #139 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

So here's a quick update. The powder coater still hasn't gotten back to me about the color card. It's starting to piss me off cause I've called him a few times and he's said first that it hasn't come in yet, then he THINKS it's come in but he has to check and make sure, he'll call me back. He never does. I'm gonna start looking around at some other places. I went to another PC place in cocoa beach and they wanted like $160 for the two parts and they said it would take around a month. I laughed and left.

I found some carbon fiber hood shocks at B2autodesign for about $115 shipped. I'm pretty happy with them, they look nice and solid, it's real carbon fiber, and they're convenient to have. No more prop bar! Pics will follow shortly...

I also got the Anvil shift knob from Moddiction, and I love it. It's heavy as balls (1.2lbs - 1.3lbs) and it's simple and sexy. Plus it sits a lot lower than the stock knob so it operates somewhat like a short shifter kit, and the weight makes the shifts feel smoother. $65 shipped from Moddiction with $5 off from Facebook. I thought about getting one of the titanium finish ones, but I didn't want to spend $100 on a knob. Although, now that I think about it, I sold my stock on for $40 so I could have done it. Oh well, I'm more than happy with what I have!

Lastly, I have been slacking on finishing my front bumper. It's been about a month since I started it, so last night I decided to start working on it. I went out and finished all the cutting and made it a lot cleaner looking. Then I cut up the trashcan that I had bought for the mesh and laid it out and made it nice and flat. So now all that's left is a little bit of sanding and repainting and then mounting the mesh, and we'll be done. I'm gonna have to buy another trash can because it looks like one is just wide enough for the main grill opening, but I don't know if it will be enough to cover the little side holes that are on either side of the grill opening. Anyway, here's a couple pics. I still have to take the plastidip off and sand it all down and repaint it, so it still looks rough right now.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how I want to mount it. I'm am thinking maybe black flat-headed screws going into the top of the grill mouth with nuts and washers on the other side, and for the bottom part of the grill screwing it into the mounting point for the plastic things that cover the holes on either side of the grill mouth. Anyone have any other suggestions? Im planning on having a carbon fiber fang cover on there so you shouldn't be able to see it, whatever I choose to do.

I survived Zdayz 2013... (barely)
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote